- Immunity booster: Guava is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. It is considered to be a very good immunity booster. Having guava regularly reduces the risk of developing cold, flu and other diseases.
- Anti-stress agent: Guava is an excellent anti-stress agent due to the presence of considerable amount of magnesium in it. Magnesium helps to relax your muscles and nerves.
- Cancer fighting: Guava is rich in antioxidants due to which it helps to get rid of free radicals in the body. It further reduces the risk of developing cancer.
- Oral health: Guava leaves can be highly beneficial in toothaches. Their decoction can be used as a natural mouthwash. Chewing two tender guava leaves on a daily basis can protect you from cavities and other dental issues.
- Constipation: Guava can be very effective in constipation due to its high fiber content. In case of severe constipation guava should be roasted right before its consumption.
- Hair fall: If you have hair fall then you should apply paste of guava leaves on your scalp and wash. This will not only helps with hair fall but strengthen your scalp also.
Note: Guava leaves can also be used to make herbal tea. They should be steeped in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes and then strained.